World Suicide Prevention Day 2018
Glitch!UK is proud to announce we are taking part in World Suicide Prevention Day. A study found that victims of cyberbullying under the age of 25 are more than twice as likely to self-harm and enact suicidal behaviour. This is why we are getting involved. Our goal is to raise awareness and prevent more young people from feeling this way in the future. Our aim is to get more young people to take part in our Digital Citizenship workshops about digital safety and helping young people navigate the online world confidently, critically and positively. On the lead up to world suicide prevention day we will be signposting to organisations and resources. You can find out more about our Digital Citizenship programme here.
- Samaritans – for everyone, call 116123 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgHelpline: Samaritans – for everyone, call 116123 or email email@example.com
- Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) – for men, call 0800585858 (5pm to 12am)
- Papyrus – for people under 35, call 08000684141 (Mon-Fri 10am-10pm, weekends 2pm-10pm, bank holidays 2pm-5pm), text 07786209697, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Childline – for young people under 19, call 08001111 (it’s anonymous on your phone bill)
- The Silver Line – for seniors, call 08004708090